[OM] Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure RANT!

Subject: [OM] Re: One man's trash is another man's treasure RANT!
From: jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:36:42 +0100 (BST)

>> In the September issue of Shutterbug there's a piece on the used camera
>> market in Tokyo.  I find it a little amusing that any camera considered
>> "classic" there has to have been made in Germany, or at least in Europe
>> or
>> the U.S.  (Yeah, I'll take a Medalist, please, if you've got one.)
>> Looks
>> like just more of the grass is greener, familiarity breeds contempt, we
>> make
>> it here and we know it ain't special, etc., etc.
>>
>> There also was mention in the article, however, of ubiquitous
>> "Nicanolympaxes."  Since they're so common, they should be cheap.  Could
>> the
>> next person in Tokyo please pick me up one of those?
>>
>> Walt

******* RANT WARNING ************
its exactly rthe same with hifi.
The Japanese killed lps and then become the biggest lp collectors.
They killed hifi with components with great specs and terrible sound and
now pay crazy prices for european classic like the garrard 401...
Perhaps they can only collect somthing once they have rubbished and
obsoleted it...