[OM] Re: Bird-scoping!

Subject: [OM] Re: Bird-scoping!
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 15:00:21 +0100
Strangely, the behaviour of Kodachrome vs Ektachrome in storage vs
projection differs markedly.  Kodachrome is spectacularly good in dark
storage, as you say.  But it is not at all so good after accumulated
projection time.  Ektachrome is the opposite - much better than Kodachrome
if you are projecting, worse than Kodachrome in dark storage.  Thankfully my
early experiences with some very strange brands convinced me to use
Kodachrome all those years ago, which have not been projected much.

Appreciation to whoever it was on the list provided the pointer to the paper
on archival storage of images a couple of months back.

Piers