[OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect

Subject: [OM] Re: Totally OT - Wireless HI-FI connect
From: "IanG" <I@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:07:29 +0100
Ooops, 'centre' is the wrong word.

Fairly old Arcam amp, cd, receiver, Regar Planar 2 deck and a Phillips TV
with integrated DVD player and surround speaker system capability (wireless
system AD902W)

Ground floor plan for the house is a box divided into 4 equal rooms with
interconnecting doors in each of the internal walls close to the external
wall.

TV and radio ariels come into the centre of the house. The TV is in one room
and the stereo units are mounted on the wall in the other. I need speakers
mounted on the external walls so, other than wireless I'm forced to run very
long cable over / under / around interior doors, exterior door and windows.

Ideally I'd like to put in surround sound for the TV and interconnect the
lot.

This isn't hi-fi or state of the art - if nothing else the acoustics of the
place means top quality stuff would be wasted but it is reasonable quality
to me (having spent a number of years on motor bike and car sport anything
else would be wasted anyway).