[OM] Re: Any comments on E-1 and microdrives?

Subject: [OM] Re: Any comments on E-1 and microdrives?
From: "mhobart" <mhobart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 01:13:07 -0600
Tom

It's my understanding that there were so many people buying the Muvo players
just for the 4Gb drives that Hitachi got upset.  The microcode for the drives
in the current players has been changed to  prevent them from being used in
other devices.  Maybe this might lead Hitachi to recognize that the price point
they have for the 4Gb retail drives is too high.... but that makes too much
sense from our viewpoint :-)

Mike H.