[OM] Re: Test-scan

Subject: [OM] Re: Test-scan
From: John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:07:14 -0300
Hello ....

I am no expert at scanning 35mm slides either. What I can say is that
uploaded images to a web site have got to to be somewhat inferior, not
compositionally but scanned wise, before they become an easy put down. After
all, web images max out at 72dpi!

To my eyes your uploaded image looked pleasing enough and within tolerence
from both sharpness and colour perspectives.

Instead of getting overly concerned about the minuatae of scanning technique
I would be devoting that time towards improving one's skills of composition,
subject lighting, framing, etc, etc.

Going back to earlier missives about the late Henri Cartier-Bresson, he is
said to have been the least concerned about darkroom techniques and
procedures [ie: tweeking one's slide scanner and image software] and most
concerned about capturing the right moment on film.

John Hudson
Nova Scotia, Canada