[OM] Re: What if...

Subject: [OM] Re: What if...
From: R.Jackson <jackson.robert.r@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:26:24 -0700
Oh, I was mostly commenting on how Steve Jobs had announced that we'd
have 3 GHz G5 machines by the end of the year and then Intel stiffed
him on delivery so Apple had to get their speed increase (though only
to 2.5 GHz) by pushing the chips so hard that they've had to include a
liquid cooling system on the new G5s. The whole thing this year has
been enough to give anyone a tic. ;-)

Nah, I'm perfectly happy with my Quicksilver machine. When slightly
faster G5 machines with PCI Express graphics come out I'll grab one of
those and use my Quicksilver as a dedicated ProTools machine. I can't
imagine ever willingly going back to using a WinTel machine, no matter
what the clock speed.