[OM] Re: freezing film

Subject: [OM] Re: freezing film
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:58:10 +0200
Hi all; hola, Fernando.

>From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>It's been more than one year
>that I can't buy fresh 100 F 35mm format,
[snip]
By chance, I contacted
>the firm that imports all Fuji stuff from Japan and they do have a little in
>stock at US$ 6 +VAT each.

My dealer has Provia-100F again... but it's now EUR 10.50 a roll, instead
of the 9.something I was used to :-(

>So my question would be if -20?C can
>make some damage to the film (perhaps it could perfectly stand -80?C); or is
>it just the same to keep it refrigerated at +5?C. Besides, I find it more
>comfortable to stock it at -20, have more free space there.

AFAIK, the freezer won't do any harm to the film, and may help to preserve
it a bit longer. However, the roll should be taken out from the freezer
quite a long time prior to use -- I think about a day or so, instead of the
1-2 hours from the fridge at +5 Celsius.

Enjoy,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>