[OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) Flash at the Olympics
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:09:52 +0100
Or thousand perhaps!

I enjoyed parts of it, even the 2 hours of walk-past by national groups
(many of them did not look like athletes ...), but I could not help
feeling carmudgeonly about the dreadful expenditure that must have gone
on.  The fireworks must have cost enough to keep a certain African
dictator in militias for a year <wry grin>.

The best picture was the smile on the head of the Greek Olympics
committee: she must be some lady to have orchestrated all that, and it
went off well, everyone was friends and well done the Greeks!

Chris
On 14 Aug 2004, at 9:38, Brian Swale wrote:

> Ok, ok
>
> Own up:- which of you bright ones were flashing your P&S cameras at the
> Olympic opening ceremony !!  =|;->
>
> Flashes by the hundred.
>
> Brian
<|_:-)_|>