[OM] Annotating digital shots with OM mount lenses.

Subject: [OM] Annotating digital shots with OM mount lenses.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:10:00 -0700
One of the great advantages of shooting digital is the EXIF data that the
camera puts in the output files. I don't have to keep that notebook with me and
 remember to use it, or feel guilty when I skip it and frustrated later.
However, I still have the same problem when using MF lenses on the DSLR.

I've been looking around for a program that would allow me take those notes of
lens, aperture and zoom setting and put them in the EXIF data of the image.

After a lot of fumbling around, I found a program that does that. It's a bit of
a pain, but I think worth it for images I like and will keep. I then don't need
any auxilliary record keeping. The problem is that it is a bit clunky to use
and only works on TIFF and JPEG images. The web page says it's for sale for
$30, but the free download doesn't seem to have any limitations beyond its
inherent sort of unfinished character <http://www.gsnsoft.com/df/en/index.html>.

There are lots of products that say they let you edit EXIF and other embedded
data, but I haven't found any others that will edit the shot data fields.
Anybody else know of one?

Moose