[OM] Re: 35RC rangefinder adjustment

Subject: [OM] Re: 35RC rangefinder adjustment
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:49:41 -0300

> The adjustment found underneath the screw on the film plane is for rf
> infinity only.  There is another adjustment inside for (I think) a closer
> setting like 9 feet.  I've never adjusted that one, it is factory set.
Once
> you disturb it you may not get it back.  A number on the focus ring should
> not be confused with a real distance in setting up the rf. Lens infinity
> must be set first with a collimator, then you set infinity on the
> rangefinder.  There's also an up-down adjustment.
> _________________________________
> John Hermanson
> Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
> 21 South Lane,
> Huntington, NY, 11743-4714,
> 631-424-2121, www.zuiko.com

Thanks John for the information. I didn't realize that the adjustment was
for infinity only, so that is good to know. It was because the it reads
slightly different on the focus ring from the other RC's I have that I
thought it might be out of adjustment. So maybe I'll run a roll of film
before attempting any adjustments. Also it seemed to be giving a larger
actual f-stop by about one stop on the GN settings. This is by comparing the
actual size of aperture viewed through the front element when the same GN
setting and focus distance is set, but again I was setting the focus
distance according to the numbers on the ring. When actually focusing
through the viewfinder, it was closer to the other RC's I have.
Wayne