[OM] Re: Selling out

Subject: [OM] Re: Selling out
From: Roland Ruehl <roland.ruehl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:32:33 -0700
... which leads to an interesting question:

software businesses in the US and Europe typically fully depreciate
computer equipment over 3 to 5 years.
3 years in the US is common, and typically, top-of-line computes gain
about 2-5 times speed and capacity,
in the same time frame.

How about professional photography equipment ? Did the tax authorities
recognize the digital "photography
revolution" :-) ? Any Pros on the list who can comment on depreciation
of their equipment, say 10 years
ago vs. now ?

Regards,

Roland.