[OM] Re: C-5060 -- Impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: C-5060 -- Impressions
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 13:37:04 -0400
At 12:06 PM 8/3/2004, Joel wrote:

>Now then.  I don't know what I was expecting, but the viewfinder is
>useless for anything but landscapey snapshots.  Within the 1:10 range,
>the focus brackets aren't even close to where you think they should be
>for focusing. You simply have to check the monitor.  DOH! It ain't an
>SLR!  Dislike your electronic viewfinder?  Get over it.  The manual says
>you need to use the monitor in macro mode, but you really need to use it
>anywhere you expect WYSIWYG.  I suppose this is made worse by the fact
>that the lens goes so wide.

I've made all my comments about viewfinders already. Macro through
the LCD or only half your subject will be in the frame. You can hand
hold the camera waste level and shoot like an old twin lens camera.
Remember that the smaller sensor means your dof is greater at
lower f-stops.

Just remember, it is a camera. Vibration is as low as an epic.
get a mini tripod. See what you can do with it you can't do easily
with other cameras.

If you turn off the reset on power up, the camera will return to the exact
zoom and settings as when you turned it off. I use A mode mostly, but
the other modes will also remember their settings. So you can turn
it off and on and it will be right back where you left it, each mode
remembering their settings.

If you have never had 2nd curtain slow sync flash before, check it out.
for example:
http://www.zuik.net/om/VG1_P2201474.jpg

Wayne