[OM] Re: Good hood? (was Re: [lens] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2

Subject: [OM] Re: Good hood? (was Re: [lens] Re: WTT: 40f2 for 28f2
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 22:26:51 -0700
I don't personally like that solution. I find it all to easy to look
from an angle that exceeds strictly forward from the edge of the frame.
Too easy to make a mistake in observation. Just my opinion/experience.
If I were better at keeping my eyes straight ahead, manbe I could do it.

My method isn't perfect either, as the light source is a little ways
back from the film plane, so tends to make a little bigger image on the
viewing screen than is necessary. I look on that as a safety margin.

A shifty eyed Moose