[OM] Re: Dumb digital question...

Subject: [OM] Re: Dumb digital question...
From: Skip Williams <om2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 19:50:40 -0500
The vertical scanning array runs across the whole frame like a huge focal plane
shutter,  So the "exposure time" as we typically think if it isn't really
valid.  Much of the exposure variation is with the lens' aperture.  You'll have
to look to someone else for details on the specific product.  The other two
variables that I can imagine are sensor sensitivity, some sort of ND filter, or
scanning speed.  All of those could serve as additional ways to modulate the
amount of light that gets to the sensor array.

Skip