[OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.(OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Thoughts on IS - and a Confession.(OT)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:55:34 -0700
Actually I think the "photo rags" have become irrelevant with the
advent of digital cameras and the growth of web sites which reviewed
them while they were ignored by the magazines. There are many sites
that do reviews with quality that put those in the magazines to shame
and you get them three months earlier.

It is interesting that computer magazines can still be on top of things
and have feature articles and covers reflecting advances in the last
few weeks, but the photo mags still operate like magazines did 50 years
ago with their multi-month lead times.

Winsor
Long Beach, CA
USA