[OM] Re: PayPal notice

Subject: [OM] Re: PayPal notice
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:57:01 -0500
I checked the IP address of the source . . . it was PayPal's.  The form
only asks for email address and nothing more (no mention of password, etc.).

Went to PayPal's site, punched in the PayPal URL by hand plus directory of
notice (didn't use the email hyperlink) and it vectored me off to the site
with extensive information about the lawsuit.

My conclusion?  If it's a scam, it's got to be the best one I've ever seen
. . . including hijacking an address within PayPal's domain and hacking
their site . . . something they most certainly would have caught up with a
week after the email was sent.

-- John Lind