[OM] Re: PayPal notice

Subject: [OM] Re: PayPal notice
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:10:29 -0700
on 7/31/04 11:27 AM, Garry Lewis at garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Did anybody else get a E-mail, from PayPal, about a pending settlement of a
> class action lawsuit? Or is this just a fishing expedition/scam?
>
> Yours not bite the worm,
> Garry Lewis
> garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did. I think this is for real... but go to the PayPal site yourself
directly, then search for it. If I recall, the provisions for a payoff are
restricted to people who had their accounts frozen (not sure if they mean
the PP account or your bank account linked to it) by PP 'unjustly'. Of
course there are about 5000 words to explain all the procedures,
restrictions, and process you have to use to fill out a claim... but it is a
genuine PP situation, not phishing.

I wouldn't put it beyond some scammer to copy the concept and divert it to
phishing, though. I'm not being paranoid though, just cautious. I haven't
had any issues with my PP account, except the 'automatic money refill' seems
to be permanently broken, so I don't think I qualify.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...