[OM] Two ways to shoot birds

Subject: [OM] Two ways to shoot birds
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:37:44 +0000
I'm a birder.  I'm quite adept at telling one sort from amother.  But one just
lit on a limb on an oak tree in the back yard too far away for me to identify.
I stared and stared for at least a minute, but I still was not able to see it
well enough to tell what (or who) it was.  I turned my head aside for a
fraction of a second in order to locate and pick up the binoculars (8x42
Olympus Magellans, if you want to know) on the desk by the window.  And,
naturally, during that brief interlude, the damn thing flew off!  This happens
all the time!  Why do they do that?

Walt, who has a shotgun or two that could make bird identification a lot easier

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --