[OM] Re: 50mm/1.2

Subject: [OM] Re: 50mm/1.2
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:50:26 +0200

A 50/1.2 described as in 'perfect condition' was sold recently on UK eBay
for 114GBP (USD208) - it looked OK in the photo. I probably should have
bid, bit I hardly use my two 50/1.4 these days...

Roger Key

Roland Ruehl wrote:

Skip,

I don't agree with your 200. More like your 300 not including OM hood
and filter.

Why ? Because new is not what you find as mint. In general, I have only
made few good experiences with buying used equipment - often it is
similar to buying at Fry's: you need to go back three times until it
works ... I guess I'm a perfectionist and emotional about my equipment
... which is why I use Zuiko's in the first place ;-)

Cheers,

    Roland.

Skip Williams wrote:

>I hate to ask, but I have to.  Why would you have paid $617.00 for this
lens?  It's available use in almost mint condition for $200-300.