[OM] Re: Drying film (not: Dying film!)

Subject: [OM] Re: Drying film (not: Dying film!)
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 17:01:02 +0200
Hi Nils :)

Nils Frohberg schrieb:

> a quick question to those who dare admit they still develop _film_(!):

yes :) (well, not since I bought my e-1 but surely I will do it again...)

> I tend to have water spots on my films after letting them dry over
> night. I know of (but never used) such things as PhotoFlo, and just
> wanted to know if regular detergent would help too? Does anybody use
> this?

Some people used to use regular whatsitcalledinenglish stuff for
dishwashing. But apparently they changed the formula in favor of skin etc.
I just buy aqua dest and use it for the last rinsing of the film, then
just pour it over the whole film just before hanging it up to dry. No
spots. It's very cheap and I can even use the plastic canister it comes
in for collecting used fix (it's very bad and forbidden for that reason
to pour it into the sink).

HTH
cheers
:Doro