[OM] Re: Dying Film (Now OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Dying Film (Now OT)
From: Michael Darling <miked2002@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:09:19 -0400
On 7/24/04 2:44 AM, "Siddiq" <iddibhai@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> what swirling? can anyone tell me what it is i should try to hear? is VBR
> .wma succeptible to this also?

Encode a track with lots of crowd noise at less than 128kb/s and listen to
the distortion in the high end. It helps to have a decent pair of headphones
- actually that can make it sort of painful, for me at least. Once you hear
it you can recognize it pretty easily. Cymbals and other stuff at the top of
the spectrum are equally affected. I tend to encode at 192kb/s or higher and
don¹t hear much, but then I only listen to mp3's when I jog or when I'm on
the train.

-mike