[OM] I've done it again. auto bellows

Subject: [OM] I've done it again. auto bellows
From: "Adam Long" <adamlong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:28:00 +0100
All this talk of 80 and 38mm macro lenses is making me very envious...
I bought a 135/4.5 and 65-116 auto tube a couple of months ago (off a list
member) and am really enjoying using it. There's a small gallery of my results
so far at:
http://www.adamlongphotography.co.uk/Galleries/135mm/135macro.htm

However the big limitation is that it barely gets to half life size. Personally
I would rather it didn't focus on infinity and instead got a bit closer. For
closer shots I have to revert to a Tamron 90/2.5 on a 25mm or 36mm (3rd party)
ext tube. (see bee orchid shot)

Walt might like the T28 with the 135, but in my experience (limited so far) you
only reap the benefits at mags of 0.5X and above. Further away the heads are
still too close to the lens axis. However I seem to remember walt had some kind
of extension bar to get them further away...

Adam