[OM] Re: Lens adapter

Subject: [OM] Re: Lens adapter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 18:23:13 -0700
Doesn't look likely. Neither SRB nor Cameraquest lists such a thing.

It's pretty easy for anybody with a machineshop to make a mechanical
connection between the two different mounts. Making  a diaphram
connection takes more skill and effort and is really difficult if the
dia[hram action is in opposite directions. Even if all this is worked
out, however, if the mount to film plane register distance doesn't allow
room for the lens to focus to infinity, a fully functional adapter
requires a lens (more than 1 in some premium adapters) to act as a mild
telextender. this makes the focal length of the lens a bit longer so it
will reach the film plane at infinity focus setting of the lens itself.
As you can imagine, this is more than just anybody with a machine shop
can do and requires some investment up front. So it has only been done
for some more common combos.

There is an adapter to the E-1 available
<http://www.cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm#Pentax%20Screw%20Mt%20Lenses>.

Moose