[OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer

Subject: [OM] Re: Jeff Bridges as film Photographer
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 11:08:02 -0400
At 09:00 AM 7/18/2004, Scott wrote:

>Why?  Do you have less control of yourself for some reason when using an E-1?
> ;-)

Ahhh ... I'm lazy, lack discipline, ease of pushing the button, fast
auto-focus, less effort to get the photo.... technically there is no
reason, and I have made some really nice photos with the E-1. Maybe I'm
getting spoiled by the E-1 and have some old work ethic that says
harder makes for better - the no pain no gain syndrome.

What I am finding is that the ease of taking a picture with the E-1
means I have a lot more stuff to edit through. I am also lazy about
note taking and admire those who can be disciplined enough to do it.
Film is getting more difficult for me to get processed, scanned and
organized. The ease of taking a photo digitally means I'm more likely
to try something that I might not feel I want to waste film on.

I will have to get the film camera out on occasion to ease my guilt
and restock my supply of empty film canisters?

I believe the E-1 improves my ability to get a photo. There is some
unidentified essence a camera makes in your hands. It is a different
experience.

Wayne