[OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod

Subject: [OM] Re: Looking for a lost tripod
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:59:30 +0000
I do, at least a little, understand that.  One of my best friends, and a
nextdoor neighbor back in the '70s, was a U.S. Navy pilot.  His wife said she
could pack up all their belongings and be ready to move on 24 hours' notice.
(See the appropriate placement of the apostrophe in this possessive, fellow
readers of "Eats, shoots and Leaves"!)

We followed them, usually only vicariously, from Atlanta -- why they would
station a Navy pilot in a landlocked city is beyond me; I'll ask some day -- to
Sicily, Puerto Rico, Pensacola, where he was an instructor, then to Memphis,
where he now flies packages to Europe over the North Pole, including probably
the occasional bit of OM gear, for FedEx.

So, Chris, just retire, settle down with your feet on the ground, and then you
can accumulate more stuff without a care.

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --