[OM] OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: "Matheson, Craig" <Craig.Matheson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:48:57 +0100
Hi,

As a new member to this list, although I have been browsing the archives I need
some help.

I have a black OM4 which had the electronics replaced to the newer low drain
circuits ie battery check switches off etc about 8 years ago.

Now the camera is exhibiting a strange feature where it will start to beep
(high pitched) constantly while in auto / manual & switching to battery check
or B won't reset.  This is intermittent ie sometimes it will be fine othertimes
not. I have replaced batteries etc.

I'm suspecting that its a power problem as its died with the flash and removing
the flash has helped.  Othertimes it will die when the shutter is tripped and
by removing an putting the batteries back in will sometimes fix the problem for
a few more shots then repeat cycle.

Any advice greatly accepted as the quote I have had is £175 for a circuit reset
or £400 for a circuit replacement.

Thanks
Craig

EDF Energy plc internet e-mail disclaimer
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
protected by legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the
e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is
inherently insecure and EDF
Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its
attachments. No employee
or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company is authorised to conclude any
binding agreement on
behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related company by e-mail. All e-mails sent and
received by EDF Energy
plc are monitored to ensure compliance with the company's information security
policy.