[OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation

Subject: [OM] Re: B & W Film recommendation
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 20:48:38 -0500
My first preference woud be Verichrome Pan, but it was discontinued.  :-((

In current B/W negative I'm also partial to Plus-X for fine-grain
portraiture and Tri-X for a classic and somewhat gracefully grainier
appearance.  Tri-X has considerable latitude and for its grain has very,
very nice mid-tones.  Haven't used it in medium format, but plan to try it
some time (less enlargement reduces grain effects).  For lower level
available light, TMax P3200 [TMZ] shot using EI 1600 (push 1) increases its
latitude and tightens up its grain to that of Tri-X Pan.  Has a very
similar, but not identical appearance.

-- John Lind