[OM] Re: Canada Day

Subject: [OM] Re: Canada Day
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 19:06:10 -0700
Now someone can try to explain for me the Canadian electoral process.
Makes Florida's seem downright straight forward. For example in the
Saanich Riding (where did that name come from?) which is just over the
line from here centrist and left parties tallied about 70% of the vote.
So of course they will be represented by the conservative candidate,
Lunn. Go figure. I can understand the call by some for proportional
representation and a fixed election date.

mike
who may go watch the fireworks over Victoria tonight.