[OM] Re: Slide vs Digital comparison

Subject: [OM] Re: Slide vs Digital comparison
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 06:12:50 +0100
Richard

Thanks for your points.  I accept that there are differences which make
comparison difficult.  However, the narrower FOV of the digital shot
should have made it easier to cope with the contrast.

For me the result is clear: it is more difficult to make a decent
digital image in contrasty conditions than a film image.  Therefore,
that suggests to me that the available range of exposures is limited
with digital when compared with film.

Chris