[OM] Re: OM2 Troubles Again... resolved

Subject: [OM] Re: OM2 Troubles Again... resolved
From: Rolftruck@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:21:50 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/2004 9:26:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, John Hermanson
writes:

> First, mirror may be trying to come down following your reset attempt, but
> it may be stuck there due to old mirror foam.  Gently hook edge of mirror
> with you finger and pull slightly, to break the bond.  Turn SS dial to B.
> Wind and fire shutter several times on B.  If mirror won't come down, and
> shutter will not fire successfully on B, you have other problems.
>
> NEVER use alkaline batteries (or lithium) .  You should use only SILVER
> OXIDE (no matter what a kid in a
> store-who-was-born-after-the-camera-was-made might tell you).  Alkaline and
> lithium are NOT equivalent.
> Use 2 of these:  357, MS76, KS76, S76, SR44, SR44W, G13.

Thanks, John. And also thanks to Piers and Fernando and James for their
contributions. I did wonder about the foam and had tried a gentle tug before
writing to you lot. Foam seems OK, if not perfect. A job I'll add to the
growing
list.

I was mistaken in calling the new batteries 'LR44s' by the way. Force of
ancient habit or something. They're actually Energizer 357/303 silver oxide
types.

Now the frustration is that I'm so damned busy I can't get out to go shooting
-- even in the backyard. Especially frustrating as a Winder 2 arrived on my
doorstep yesterday as well. Such a neat package compared to the Nikon F3/MD4
combination I'm more used to. Won't be my main kit, but I'm going to slip a 24
on the OM2 and use it at the U.S. Grand Prix this weekend. Should be
unobtrusively useful in the paddock.

Thanks again, guys.

Rolf in Toronto