[OM] Re: Great Sand Dunes National Monument (soon to be Park)?

Subject: [OM] Re: Great Sand Dunes National Monument (soon to be Park)?
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:51:20 +0100 (BST)
Bill,
     I passed through the Great Sand dunes 10 or so vears ago...when our
daughters still holidayed with us :-(     (we miss that) One of my abiding
memories was of THE BLOODY MOSQUITO BITES. We were by the river in the evening
and the word got out. Every bug in the mid west made a bee line for me..I STILL
have the scars. My hands became so swollen that my knuckles and fingers merged
into one mass. It was scary.
I still find that bug bites affect me badly.
            When I fish in Colo, or Wyoming now I make sure I use repellent.

Why repeat photo's...........They are personal to ME. They remind me of places
I have visited. Others might..and probably do take better photo's..so do I bin
my cameras? Do I HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!  I would love to buy Ansel Adams
pictures...BUT I would love to visit his sites and take my own shots......Big
personal regret it the US. Driving past the sign that said "Meteor Crater 5mls"
in Arizona....Did not have time to stop...flight to UK leaving from Colo Spgs
in 20 hrs :-(
But I have some nice shots of Garden of the Gods in Colo Spgs...Not as good as
those produced by Ansel Adams but....

NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

I will be passing through this area (well, close enough to make a little
detour) the middle of next month. Does anyone have any suggestions about where
spend one night for a late afternoon and early morning shoot. Also where to
do the shoot. OM content: I'll be shooting with an OM,

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK