[OM] playing the epay lottery

Subject: [OM] playing the epay lottery
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 18:54:25 -0300
I received this item today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3817659005&sspagename=STR
K%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

a Vivitar 90/2.5 series 1 macro. It turns out there were four internal mount
screws that needed tightening, which took about 30 minutes to fix, along
with a small amount of relubrication to make the aperture ring a bit easier
to turn. The spot on an internal element looks to be a piece of dust that is
perhaps 1/2 mm or less in size, surrounded by what might be a bit of coating
mark about 1mm in size. Since I'd likely leave more marks or dust than that
if I tried to remove it, I think I'll leave it alone. I'm pretty certain its
not fungus. I've had lenses with fungus, and its quite obvious what fungus
is when you've seen it.

It probably doesn't qualify as a fang, since its not a Zuiko, and did
require repair. (It seems that "fang" has almost been dropped as a list word
lately) I think it is Tokina made, as the serial number starts with 37.
Anyways, I'm quite happy as it is now in perfect working condition, and
almost mint cosmetic condition with the exception of a tiny bit of paint
wear on the aperture ring. It didn't come with any caps, so I'll have to
find a cheap 2x, for caps for the converter. One drawback is that it has a
58mm size filter ring, so I don't own one filter or even a lens hood of that
size.

I suppose their must be someone on list that has one of these, so, I'm
wondering if anyone here has the instructions, especially of how to properly
interpret the red/orange numbers on the lens barrel?

Wayne C