[OM] Re: OT Headaches, was neck straps and TOPE 18

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Headaches, was neck straps and TOPE 18
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 10:36:20 -0400
Well, I confess, I am squarely in the fringe mystic camp, even though
I am also an engineer by trade (or former trade). I can probably
peg people's BS meter quite easily. Both my mother and brother
suffer from migraines. My brother's solution is caffeine and darkness.
I personally prefer the world where there is mystery and realms beyond
the ordinary, even though many times I can explain things rationally.
But I see no reason mystery and rationality cannot coexist. And what
is more beautiful than a photo that touches the mystery of the world?
And I like the photos that come when I am in the more open and altered
states of awareness. I like a wide dynamic range for reality, with greater
possibility for creative moments. Afterall, the photographer is part of the
dynamic of subject, photo, photographer. Healing skills can be quite
useful to a photographer. If the subject cringes when the photographer
enters the room, that will certainly create a different kind of photo than
one where they open up more easily.

(warning, philosophical moment) In the end, we are experiencers and the
way I experience the world occupies most of my attention. I seek experiences
and my state of mind influences how I experience, and the type
of photos I can see. I use an OM-4t because of the way it feels
when I take a photo. If you are in pain, that too will affect your
sensitivities to what you photograph. Personally, I prefer bliss to
pain, but reality has a wide dynamic range.

Wayne