[OM] Re: TOPE 18 - 1 new entry, event closure and opening of shooting s

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 18 - 1 new entry, event closure and opening of shooting season ...
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:02:25 +1000
> Moose [mailto:olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> I have a couple of the neoprene straps. They are not too bad,
> but really don't deliver on the comfort promise and get
> sweaty/slippery in heat.

Yes, I know what you mean. I find the standard Canon ones
worse, as they manage to itch too. The neoprene ones also
tend to have a bit of bounce in them, which, if you hit
the right "harmonic" while walking, gets your camera bouncing
wildly too. :-) Come to think of it, I *hate* that camera
strap (not really - I still find the Canon ones worse).

> My  favorites are a couple of SunKosi straps. Just some light
> padding  wrapped in soft fuzzy fabric and stitched on 1" (25mm)
> webbing, but the most comfortable I've found.

I'll have a look too, and keep an eye out for them when
shop-browsing (I can always find an excuse to go browsing).

> Another solution is a harness. Properly designed, they spread
> the weight onto the shoulders and upper back, sparing the neck.

This is what I think I'd like most. As a migraine sufferer, one
of the things I find that can exacerbate my migraine, or even help
bring it on, is the weight on the back of my neck from a camera
strap. After a long day walking around with the strap around my
neck, I can almost guarantee the beast'll be stirring and getting
the camera off the neck provides some mild relief.

I really like this harnass idea, and will definitely be getting
one to try out.

Thank, Moose.

Cheers
Marc