[OM] Re: Paris panOraMa

Subject: [OM] Re: Paris panOraMa
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 15:43:59 +0100
A very late reply, due to a few technical hitches I've been having with
computer and internet over the last few weeks.  I have tried PTGui, but
even with that I never really got to grips with the whole thing.  I
should probably give it another go and spend more time on it, but I also
was not sure I liked the concept of paying for it, when PanoTools itself
is free.

Anyway, I did some more work on the Paris Panorama, smoothing the sky
more, and I think it's probably as good as it will ever get:

http://www.world-traveller.org/photo/gallery/albums/userpics/10002/panorama.jpg

I would love to get this printed, but I'm not sure it will be possible.
  Can't find anyone who offers prints with a 10:1 aspect ratio, and I
suspect I'd probably need an image more than 475 pixels high for it to
come out well.  I am not sure I feel like restitching the originals at
higher resolution!

Cheers,
Roger