[OM] Re: ON-2N and battery failure

Subject: [OM] Re: ON-2N and battery failure
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:34:09 -0300
on 7/06/2004 19:32, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I think that would only affect auto exposure, wouldn't it? The manual
> metering in the OM2n is a totally separate circuit (virtually
> identical to the OM1). AFAIK the metering doesn't involve the ASA
> resistor.
IMHO it only affects needle movement, not shutter speed.
With a jittering needle it's almost impossible to do any manual reading.

> Usual symptom in a 2n is erratic severe over-exposure in auto mode.
Touch wood, this never happened to me. I sometimes got an underexposed slide
when bright zones are included. It's somehow difficult to keep this in mind
so as to switch to manual and put the eyecup on.

/F.