[OM] Re: ON-2N and battery failure

Subject: [OM] Re: ON-2N and battery failure
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 13:52:47 -0300
on 7/06/2004 12:50, Wilcox, Joel F at joel-wilcox@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> What seems to have happened is that the meter went haywire in some stage
> of battery failure prior even to the shutter starting to lock up.  Who
> ever heard of that?
>
> Joel W.
Me.
IMHO (hope to read more expert diagnostics soon), it's not a battery failure
but a meter needle problem, that is on some part of the circuit that governs
the needle. Been there, when OM2 were easily repaired here at Mvd. And I
seem to recall it happened twice to me. Now, she still does a jerky jump
when on manual setting I pass through 1/8 :-(, but I can live with an
occasional jerk.
Can't remember the exact explanation of my technician, sorry.

/F.