[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #114

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #114
From: "Gordon J. Ross" <gordross@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 21:28:30 -0600
Hi Phil:

True, true, the Breitling idea struck a chord with my sensibilities too, so
I will do that. As for law enforcement here is an eye opener- John very
kindly volunteered his time to make a local complaint with info I sent him,
a big thankyou for his help. This is not posted as a poor reflection on the
Police- it is the reality of why the pirates are staying in business and
their numbers will grow!

Constable Bell sent me this, and you can feel that he is not happy to break
the news- at any rate the letter needs no editorial comment from me---

Gordon

My name is Constable Peter Bell and I am currently a serving
member of the New South Wales Police Service.

On the 24th of May 2004, John attended Dee Why Police Station in relation to
reporting a matter to myself in relation to a camera lens that you purchased
from an australian on EBAY.

I explained the situation to John and informed him that I would be sending
you this email. In relation to an alleged fraudulent use
of the EBAY system, i have the unfortunate news to give you that it will not
be investigated. Due to the amount of related
incidents upon EBAY, and due to the international problem related to
international Frauds, EBAY frauds are no longer investigated. The only time
police will become involved in a fraudulent investigation from EBAY is when
the suspect involved is a recidivist offender and the dollar amount is
substantial.

I understand your loss from this incident, and as such I have
written this email to inform yourself.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email myself at
this address, and I will endeavour to respond quickly with the
right information.

Regards

Pete Bell
Constable Of Police