[OM] Re: Long exposure capability of OM2n, reciprocity

Subject: [OM] Re: Long exposure capability of OM2n, reciprocity
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:40:40 -0300
on 18/05/2004 11:09, John Hermanson at omtech@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> As reciprocity kicks in, the more exposure film gets, the less sensitive it
> becomes.  Long "no light"  exposures are nice, it gets you an image, but
> after 30 seconds, it is not necessarily the correct exposure.

>> As low light slides are coming out, I bet it´s exposing right.

I take into acount reciprocity failure, but since I don't have data about
reciprocity charachteristics of every film I come up using, I intuitively do
either of the following adjustments:
1- first shot without compensation, second shot +2/3 compensation, third
+1.1/3
2- First shot without compensation, second shot +1 compensation.

As a rule of thumb, the longer the exposure w/out comp., the more next shot
will be +1 and maybe +1.2/3. Rarely do I reach +2.

Picture posted at Reflections (@ f16 hiperfocal) was +2/3. A little PS
because of golden-bronze colors.

In general, I'm surprised how frequently without compensation comes out
acceptable, e.g.: picture posted at Landmarks (@ f5.6) - no PS adjustments
unless Roberto Schettini, my Nikon CoolScan 4000 and PS man, decided on his
own...

regards,

/F.