[OM] Re: Doing my part

Subject: [OM] Re: Doing my part
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 19:00:59 -0700 (PDT)
> I believe it was due to the CCD size, the A1's CCD is too
> small to give good
> OOF effect.

Possible, but not likely.  My wide-angle pictures are typically
hyperfocal.

But that does bring up a good question--one that I'd like
someone with a digital (Canon or E-1) and Zuiko adaptor to check
out:

A lens, such as the 100/2.8 or 80/2 has a specific lens design
that generates a feathered penumbra in the bokeh.  With film,
this creates a depth and breadth to the resulting image that is
not matched with zoom lenses.  Does this characteristic carry
over to the digital sensor or is it too subtle for the sensor to
capture?

(What I mean by feathered penumbru is that the bokeh gets softer
the farther it is from the highlight or edge and ends with no
visible division).

AG