[OM] Re: Anyone got a 1-13 screen for sale?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone got a 1-13 screen for sale?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:08:12 EDT
Yes, Dan. I have advoctaed the D/W lquid and warm water, but don't even make
it that warm. The secret is to then rinse, rinse, rinse in cold water and air
dry quickly but thoroughly. I'd not get into a habit of this, only if the
canned air and camel's hair brush doesn't do it. It's not like these screens
get
very dirty and washing will brighten them up, you won't see a brightness
increase, you should do this to just remove something annoying that you can't
live
with seeing in there. As said before by many, whatever is on the screen has no
impact on what gets on the image!

Also- I've changed screens before, and washed a few, and I recently installed
an Olympus 2-series screen, and had no difficulty in doing so, but when I was
done, I had somehow put a scratch into the screen. The scratch looks faint
and clear, but  shows up as an annoying solid black line when the screen is in
the camera.I don't know if the 2-series are any more fragile, but it was
strange having that happen after having no difficulty installing it.

George S.