[OM] That other button on the NiCd pack

Subject: [OM] That other button on the NiCd pack
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:47:10 +0000
This was discussed a week or so ago, but I'm going back to it in light of a
real-world experience I had this morning.

I just came in from shooting most of a 36-exp. roll of Provia 100F in a patch
of wildflowers in the yard using an OM-4Ti, MD2, T8 ring flash, and both 50/2
and 90/2 Zuiko macro lenses.  Nearly every shot was made while either seated or
lying on the ground.  Particularly from the prone position, the shutter release
on the NiCd pack was way more convenient than the one on the MD grip.  I used
it for probably half the shots.

Just thought I'd throw that tidbit in to bolster my support for the extra
button.  In fact, I never even lock mine since I can't recall ever accidentally
firing off a shot with it.

Walt, who likes to push buttons of all kinds

--
Everybody has a photographic
memory.  Some people just don't