[OM] Re: Journey to work

Subject: [OM] Re: Journey to work
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 17:35:25 +1000
Kyle Cassidy is the guy - stalwart of PLUG (Philly Leica Users) and a
very interesting character. He uses a Canon QL17 (GIII version) for a
lot of studio work and should be an inspiration to any RC/RD users on
the list. I've had some talk with him. Met him on Gandy's Voigt list I
think. Nice guy - when I was teaching high school photography, one of
my students struck up a long email conversation with him and he was
remarkably helpful about his work - the were both interested in
shooting 'damaged' young women. Try and find his 'Fallen' series. He
does a lot of stuff purely for the hell of it rather than the quality
of the gear or image and unlike many, many Leica users is neither brand
bigotted nor blinkered - the image not the machine is what matters.
The 'way to work' series was not intended to be fine photography -
rather fun, 'in your face' images. The M7 was a great tease too.
See his real work and humour here.
AndrewF

http://www.pbase.com/afildes