[OM] Re: A Weighty Problem (mostly OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: A Weighty Problem (mostly OT)
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:43:33 +1000
> John Wheeler [mailto:wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:

Sorry if I gave the impression that I was being
chastening, John. It was merely pedantry rather
than reaction that had me post.

> Weight apart, I must admit being quite smitten with the 10D
> and especially'that' lens.

She does sing to you, doesn't she? One just has to figure
out whether she's a Muse (like Livvie in Xanadu <g>) or a
Siren (what's that old saying..."Pray to God, but row away
from the rocks"). ;-)

> I've got a nice EOS 650 with a 35-70/f3.5-4.5 and a
> 100-300/f5.6.

The older L, yes? It has a good optical reputation amongst
the EF crowd (I've merely the "consumer" 100-300).

> Now that you've all jumped on my absurd exaggerations the
> mind's eye is starting to sway to a different tune.

Well perception is 99-100% of reality to the individual. :-)
It's still pretty bloody heavy (if not, as Stephen can
atest, impractically so to many). I still want one though <g>

> Unfortunately I've just had surgery to repair a left
> distal biceps tendon so lifting anything heavier than
> the Epic with that hand is going to be a joke for some
> while. But dreams are free...

Ouch! Hope all is soon well with it. Perhaps you should
lend your little red-spot friend to me so it doesnt all
tighten and grunge up with lack of use. ;-)

BTWm I love my Epic too (I'm such a philanderer! Shh, don't
tell the Yashica Mat!).

TMTSOMR: Yesterday I put the Zuiko 135/3.5 on my OM1, and
I have to say again, from an appearance point of view (and thus
technically irrelevant), it is the only camera setup I have
that I would call in impressed tones "A jewel!" (which
almost segues into another thread).

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz