[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Confession.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 21:47:50 +1000
It's horrible to their profits, they must think. While Canon and Nikon
just see DSLR's as a continuation of their existing film cameras, Oly
had no pro AF line and want to begin again from scratch based on their
name alone, not their existing and now orphaned product or user base.
They don't want their new customers stocking up on old Zuik's
relatively cheaply when they might be buying super duper expensive new
items. This would be particularly problematic with something like a
macro lens where stop down manual operation would be no great hardship
for the additional, occasional use. 50mm Macro? No thanks, already got
one.
I've got a confession. Bought a 10D (oh, the shame!) Tripped over a pro
who was upgrading to a EOS 1Dmk2 having made a bundle photographing
horsies. Apparently he would turn up at a gymkhana with a 10D, iBook
and printer and do prints on the spot. Nice niche exploitation. Body
with booster/vertical grip cost me half what an E-1  kit would have
cost me here. What cost loyalty?
And yes - have ordered the OMEOS adapter from Gandy!

Consequently, am selling an OM 4 - late circuit, red snakeskin. Zuiko
200mm f4. Leica Digilux 1. Mamiya Press/Universal kit including 50mm
and 6x9 back. 4x5 Omega Simmons enlarger. Anyone? (er - you'll need a
truck for the last item!)
AndrewF
http://www.pbase.com/afildes