[OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1, E-1, E-1! Who's next?
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:39:30 +0100
The June 2004 edition of Outdoor Photography (a UK publication but I'm
not sure if you can get it in the US) has a review of the E-1. It got 9
out of 10. The reviewer said that one of the down points was the
inability to use Zuiko lenses on the E-1. Obviously he's a bit
misinformed but it does show that Olympus UK aren't shouting about the
MA-1 either, although Olympus UK do seem to be much better at PR and
customer relations than Olympus US (judging by the dealings I've had
with them in the past). As for the review the problems with noise and
card-write speed were only mentioned in a fleeting sentence (if I
remember correctly), probably as the magazine trends more towards
landscape photography and the tester mostly shot at ISO 100 and 200. The
reviewer did seem very impressed with the E-1 though.

All the best,
Gareth.

--

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke