[OM] Re: Worth going up to OM-4

Subject: [OM] Re: Worth going up to OM-4
From: "Daniel Sepke" <fred42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:52:05 -0400
Ali,

I had the same dilemma as you before I got my 4. I got it from a list member
who had some history for the camera. Of course that is not a guarantee but
it helped me have some faith in the camera (as well as the list member). I
had come round to wanting to try the 4 for Multi spot metering and to have
the extra stop of shutter speed at the top end. If I didn't think I would
actually use either then I would not have considered the camera. I
discounted the 4T(i) because I didn't feel I would use the Super FP flash
capabilities. I have a plain non upgrade 4. I have not had issues with
battery drain on my camera and as others have pointed out I can buy
batteries still so...

Ask yourself these questions:
Do I need/want to learn Multi Spot Metering?
Do I need 1/2000th top shutter speed?
Do I need Super FP Flash function?

If you answer No to all the questions be happy in that you have the best
cameras *you* personally need already in your 1 and 2. If you answer yes to
the first two only then a plain 4 will do best, if you can get an upgraded
circuit well good for you. If it is yes to all three and you need a 4T(i),
and the flash to go with it.

At the end of the day I just wanted to take pictures with my camera and that
is what I do. If I spent all my time worrying about when it is going to
break (cause they *all* are going to at some point) then I wouldn't leave
the house.

Hope this helps.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Ali:
I am beginning to wonder if its even worth considering going "up" to an OM
4/T/Ti