[OM] Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!

Subject: [OM] Don't ask unless you are willing to accept the answer!
From: "Garry Lewis" <garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 12:03:02 -0500
Cc: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The MOL experiment-

The cameras~~
Minolta XG-1 with 50mm f/1.8 lens.
Olympus OM-1n with 50mm f/1.8 lens.
Leica M4 with 50mm Nikkor H.C. F/2 lens.

The film~~
a single roll of Agfa APX100 that was transferred from one camera to
another.

The exposure~~
1/125 @ f/5.6 for all three cameras.

The Target~~
A "beware of Dog" sign nailed to a wooden fence with a UPC bar code in the
middle of the frame.

Tripod~~
Sanford "Husky".

Developer~~
D-76 1:1 13.5 min. @ 68 degrees.

The results~~
1. Nikkor 50mm H.C. F/2. (all individual UPS lines were seen, but contrast
was a little flat)
2 Olympus 50mm F/1.8.  ( only large lines were seen individually, but
contrast was the best of the three lenses)
3. Minolta 50mm md F/1.8. ( only large lines were detectable, but only
because of tonal changes. Contrast was about the same as the Nikkor)

a 50 year old lens beat out my Olympus that at least beat out the Minolta-
now what?

1.Retest?
2. CLA the Leica and buy more 50 year old lenses?
3 Upgrade my Olympus 50mm lens?
4. Give up?

To bad I didn't have an Exakta so I could test a Zeiss lens and be correct
on the spelling. }:^(

Yours back to the drawing board,
--- Garry Lewis
--- garrylewis747@xxxxxxxxxxxxx