[OM] Re: promised update

Subject: [OM] Re: promised update
From: "jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jamesfc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 16:00:55 -0400
Thanks for the feedback, Charlie!  I was just curious as to how often
others tend to have their cameras cleaned and adjusted. My original OM2 is
now over 25 years old and has only beed adjusted twice (although the seals
were replaced 3 or 4 times).  I bought my OM4Ti from another list member
about 5 years ago and the viewfinder indicator began to fail a few months
after I bought it, so I sent it off.

Yes, the pictures were taken of american crocodiles.  National Geographic
Traveler contacted me several months ago and were looking for stock photos
of american crocs.  The only thing they were able to locate were closeups,
but they wanted the entire animal.  Needless to say, I have south american
crocs and nile crocs (no Australian crocs though), but no american crocs.
I'm doing some work for an exotic animal veterinarian right now (I'm
shooting a video for his training facility) and through him I was able to
locate and shoot american crocodiles.  These guys were about 12 feet long
and I managed to get two of them in a couple of the shots and I now have
lots of slides of american crocodiles, in cased I'm ever asked again!  I
was able to get within 3 feet of one of them (with two reptile experts on
both sides of me, just in case!).  I have shoeboxes full of alligator
photos and hardly a week goes by that I don't see an alligator.

Incidentally, I shot these on the new ISO velvia film and was very happy
with the final images!

Jim Caldwell