[OM] Re: promised update

Subject: [OM] Re: promised update
From: Geilfuss Charles <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 14:33:14 -0500
James,
        Regarding CLA (cleaning, lubrication, adjustment), back when I only
had my OM-1 I sent it in to Olympus at 5 years for CLA. It wasn't until
around 1998 that I tried to send it to Olympus again only to find they no
longer worked on them (at this time I didn't know about the List). I had a
CLA done locally (not a wise move) and later re-done by someone who knew
what he was doing. The only other new-purchase OM will be coming up on 5
years soon, and even though it is working fine, I will very likely send it
off for CLA. I live in coastal SC which is VERY camera unfriendly
climate-wise so I will take no chances with it.
        Regarding your American crocodile photos...are they alligators? As I
understand it the only true American crocodile only lives in Florida and is
a very rare beast. Alligators on the other hand are quite common in the
southeastern USA (I have 2 five-footers in the pond next to my house) but
make good photographic subjects none-the-less.

Charlie